Technoswitch offers training courses on the products we manufacture and distribute. The intended outcome of these training courses is that the student will be able to successfully install, commission and maintain fire detection and suppression equipment supplied by Technoswitch.
The training courses require either full classroom attendance at our training facilities in Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban; or a combination of online training and a practical evaluation at one of our training facilities.
Our Conventional and Intelligent Fire Detection training courses are SAQCC Fire approved.
GENERAL TRAINING INFORMATION
- Our training courses do not include instruction on installation methods or the relevant national standards. We can however, refer interested parties to the appropriate training organisations.
- You will receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully completed your theoretical training. However, you will only receive full accreditation upon the successful completion of your practical evaluation.
- Technoswitch accreditation certificates are valid for three (3) years.
- All non-online training courses (classroom training) need to be booked in advance through our Training Department via email to [email protected].
- Please note that a training session is not confirmed unless you have received an email confirmation from our Training Administrator.
- It is compulsory that delegates:
– meet the Qualifying Requirements* of the relevant course they wish to attend
– have their own laptop, as stipulated under the Essential Tools Required* of the course they are attending.
*if these requirements are not adhered to, Technoswitch reserves the right deny the delegate access to the classroom training / practical evaluation.
- A minimum of 4 attendees is required for classroom training and practical evaluations to be conducted. Should the number of attendees on the day be below this requisite, we reserve the right to postpone the training course / practical evaluation.
- Regular refresher courses are recommended since general information change continually.
- More detailed information on the training we offer can be obtained in Technoswitch Training Information and Qualifying Requirements.
- For online courses, once you have received your certificate of successful completion for the theoretical component, you need to complete and pass a practical evaluation at one of our training facilities in Johannesburg, Cape Town, or Durban to receive full accreditation.
- It is essential to book practical evaluations in advance via email to our Training Administrator on [email protected].
- Please note that a practical evaluation session is not confirmed unless you have received an email confirmation from the Training Administrator.
- Re-certification can only be applied for if the candidate has full certification that has not lapsed for more than a year.
- Technoswitch re-certification training certificates are valid for three (3) years.
- Re-certification can only be attained once. If the re-certification has expired, the candidate will need to complete the full online theoretical training, as well as the practical evaluation to obtain certification/accreditation.
- If a candidate fails to pass the re-certification session, they will have to re-do the complete, relevant training course to obtain their accreditation.
- A minimum of four candidates are required to conduct a re-certification practical session. Should the number of attendees on the day be below this requisite, we reserve the right to postpone the training.
Please contact our Training Department to book your required training and/or practical evaluation session:
JOHANNESBURG: Tel +27 (0)11 794 9144 Email [email protected]
As a result of the COVID-19 National Lockdown, all on-site training courses at Technoswitch facilities have been suspended until further notice.
The publication of a new training calendar will be dependent on further government announcements and regulations.