Technoswitch Training Overview
Technoswitch offers training courses on the products we manufacture and distribute. The intended outcome of these training courses is that the student can successfully install, commission, and maintain equipment supplied by Technoswitch.
- Our Online Knowledge Centre allows you to complete the theory component in your own place at your own pace!
Enrol online, and upon successful completion of your theory training, you will receive a certificate of completion, allowing you to book a practical evaluation session at one of Technoswitch’s three offices. You will receive full accreditation upon passing your practical evaluation.
- Webinar Theory sessions – A lecturer presents the training through web-based software. A session caters for up to eight attendees. After the theory web session, the delegate will write an examination. Once the examination is passed, the delegate may attend their practical session, where required, at one of Technoswitch’s three offices.
- Practical evaluation sessions will take place on dates scheduled by the respective Technoswitch offices. Up to four delegates can attend a practical evaluation session at each of our branches (in Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town). This session consists of a practical workshop and a practical examination.
Our Conventional and Intelligent Fire Detection training courses are SAQCC Fire approved.
Payment for the relevant online training can be made using the Secure Payment Platform on the Knowledge Centre. Alternatively, if you have credit facilities with Technoswitch, the course fee may be charged to your account.
GENERAL TRAINING INFORMATION
- Our training courses do not include instructions on installation methods (SANS 10139) or the relevant national standards.
- You will receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully completed your Knowledge Centre theory training. However, you will only receive full accreditation upon the successful completion of your practical evaluation (where applicable).
- For web session training, you will not receive a certificate of completion for the theory component, but you will receive your full accreditation certification upon successful completion of your practical session.
- Technoswitch accreditation certificates are valid for three (3) years.
- Practical evaluation sessions need to be booked in advance through your closest Technoswitch office.
- Please note that a practical training session is not confirmed unless you have received an email confirmation.
- It is compulsory that delegates meet the Qualifying Requirements* of the relevant course they wish to attend and have their own laptop during training.
*if these requirements are not adhered to, Technoswitch reserves the right to deny the delegate access to the theory training / practical evaluation.
- A minimum of 4 attendees is required for any classroom training and practical evaluations to be conducted. Should the number of attendees on the day be below this requisite, we reserve the right to postpone the training course / practical evaluation.
- Regular refresher courses are recommended since general information changes continually.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the theoretical training via the Knowledge Centre or an online web session, you need to complete and pass the practical evaluation at one of our training facilities in Johannesburg, Cape Town, or Durban to receive full accreditation.
- It is essential to book practical evaluations in advance via email to our Training Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that a practical evaluation session is not confirmed unless you have received an email confirmation.
- Re-certification can only be applied for if the candidate has a full certification that has not lapsed for more than a year.
- Technoswitch re-certification training certificates are valid for three (3) years.
- Re-certification can only be attained once. If the re-certification has expired, the candidate will need to complete the full online theoretical training, as well as the practical evaluation to obtain certification/accreditation.
- If a candidate fails to pass the re-certification session, they will have to re-do the complete, relevant training course to obtain their accreditation.
- A minimum of four candidates is required to conduct a re-certification practical session. Should the number of attendees on the day be below this requisite, we reserve the right to postpone the training.
Please contact our Training Department for dates to book your practical evaluation session:
JOHANNESBURG: Tel +27 (0)11 794 9144 | Email email@example.com