As the Technical Supervisor, you will be accountable for managing the Johannesburg branch’s technical support functions.
The Technical Supervisor will report to the Technical Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee the RMA department. Ensure the RMA department is providing the required level of after-sales support to our customer base. RMA department needs to operate according to company policies and procedures. Mentoring of RMA team to be undertaken.
- Develop RMA test procedures and implementation thereof.
- Manage and oversee the Technical Support department. Ensure the company is providing a high level of technical support to our customer base. Support needs to be provided timeously, accurately, and subject to company policies & procedures. Mentoring of the Technical Support team to be undertaken.
- Develop on-site and telephonic support procedures and implementation thereof.
- Write Technical and RMA reports after investigations have been completed.
- Review and update product supporting documentation content, ie. manuals, application notes, datasheets etc.
- Provide high-level telephonic support to customers and staff.
- Liaise with customers on applications and designs.
- Liaise with suppliers to support OVP products.
- Ensure necessary health and safety procedures are followed during duties.
- Assist in providing product demonstrations and presentations.
- Assist with practical training evaluations and theory presentation.
- Assist with the nitrogen filling station operations and procedures.
- Ensure all company policies and relevant technical operations procedures are followed.
- Assist with tasks related to the company operations that might fall outside the responsibilities mentioned above.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
The following KPIs will be applicable:
- Management of Technical Support department and the effectiveness thereof.
- Management of RMA department and the effectiveness thereof.
- Accuracy of technical report writing.
- Accuracy of technical support provided.
- Planning and execution of tasks.
- Urgency and professionality in which tasks are completed.
- Mentoring and guidance of the Technical Support and RMA staff.
- Adherence to the relevant company procedures and policies.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years fire detection systems commissioning experience.
- SAQCC registered commissioner.
- Project management or supervisory role in previous positions will be beneficial.
- Electronics or Electrical LV Trade test qualified or equivalent.
This position is based at our head office in Johannesburg.
JOHANNESBURG OFFICE – Physical Address
Cussonia Park, 3 Ridge Road,
Laser Park, Johannesburg, 2170