The Technical Buyer provides a procurement service to the company by sourcing the local raw materials and imported products required to maintain uninterrupted production lines and sales activities with a strong focus on improving the procurement processes and systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain a preferred supplier list/database.
- Source and identify new suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with procurement policy procedures and workflow.
- Create and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) with preferred suppliers.
- Contact strategic suppliers quarterly to schedule projections, discuss quality issues and CARs, contend with short deliveries and resolve shortages, missed and late deliveries.
Sales, Planning & Forecasting
- Compare prices and quality.
- Set projections and targets.
- Conduct quarterly projections with suppliers.
- Provide purchasing planning and control of information by collecting, analysing and summarising data and trends.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement.
Manage Current Procurement System
- Develop, manage and coordinate procurement processes.
- Initiate and implement improvements within the procurement management system.
- Manage raw material returns to suppliers and non-conformance reports.
- Place initial orders with relevant suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and processes.
- Expedite orders.
- Receive delivery confirmations.
- Provide weekly updates on expected deliveries to the sales organisation.
- Submit invoices to the financial manager for payment.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in electronic component procurement.
- Extensive knowledge of sourcing, buying and forecasting (entire buying process).
- Experience in the electronic manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
- Advanced computer literate and ability – specifically Excel.
- High level of numeracy.
- Good knowledge of acceptable business practice and accounting principles.
- Good written communication skills
- A Degree or Diploma, from a recognised university, in the following disciplines – Purchasing, Commerce, Finance or Business Management
JOHANNESBURG OFFICE – Physical Address
3 Ridge Road, Laser Park