The Pre-Sales & Technical Support Engineer’s role is to provide support to clients in terms of system design, commissioning, as well as any further technical issues arising on-site with the application of the products supplied.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and application assistance to the sales team.
- Design and propose system solutions to satisfy customer requirements within the product’s capabilities.
- Identify and mitigate all technical risks associated with the client’s implementations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide meaningful and impactful product demonstrations.
- Achieve trusted technical advisor status with customers.
- Telephonic assistance with product applications.
- First- and second-level technical support – either telephonically or on-site, if required.
- Assistance with system commissioning, if required.
- Ensure all support requests/product failures are logged as per company procedures.
- Technical report writing.
- Conduct product training with customers and staff.
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations in coordination with the sales team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a solutions architect or pre-sales environment.
- Well-versed in preparing professional proposal documentation.
- Technical demonstrations and presentations to customers.
- Fully computer literate.
- Ability to fault-find on-site under pressure situations.
Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Industry-specific knowledge of fire detection.
- SAQCC Designer and Commissioner certification.
- Project management experience.
- CAD exposure.
- B-Tech Electronics or similar.
- This position is based at our Durban branch.
DURBAN OFFICE – Physical Address
Suite 2, Colchester Building
Essex Gardens Office Park
1 Nelson Road, Westville, 3629